Monday, January 26, 2009

What does First Fruits look like on an individual level?

Of course when speaking of the principal of giving God our first fruits, it's not just about monetary offerings. It's also a reminder to be very intentional about how we spend the first part of the year. Obviously we want to give God every day of the year, 365, but there is a special emphasis placed on the first month of the new year. We want to consecrate the new year to the Lord. That is practicing the principal of first fruits as well. By that dedication, we are very deliberately saying "I give you this year God."

For me, it means giving the first, and best of everything I have to Him, because the first will govern the rest. I intend to spend this first month establishing a new foundation with God to lead me into the new year. To make sure I give him the first and best of everything I have, be it time, attention, finances, talents, gifts, or anything else. I have already begun to spend the first few hours of every day with him (which is a switch for me as a night person). I just intend to let the Spirit guide me in giving God my First Fruits this month, and I'll keep you posted if I receive any revelations worthy of sharing with you all.

*Oh also, I just want to seek Him like crazy. I wanna get on my face and see what He has to say to me. I want to know the plans and purposes He has laid out for me this year, and that's going to take time in His presence, and so I intend to set aside as much time as I possibly can from "the outer world" and go into His Chambers. I just know the responsibilities of life will be tugging on my sleeve, but I will take as much time as I can away from it all to be alone with Him.

Originally Posted to Facebook - Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 6:40am

No comments: